Charles Morgan Hall
Charles Morgan Hall was born on March 4, 1822 and named for his maternal grandfather, Charles Morgan, a soldier in the revolutionary war. His parents were Adam Hall and Edith Ann "Edy" Morgan who married in Butler County in 1819 and migrated to the Jackson Purchase soon afterward. They are recorded in the 1830 census in Hickman County.
His father, Adam Hall, had moved the family across the Mississippi River to Cape Girardeau, Missouri around 1843, purchasing 350 acres there in 1839. In 1849, Adam died and Charles Morgan Hall brought his mother and younger siblings back to Kentucky where they lived with either he or his brother David.
On the March 4, 1856, he was married in Graves County to Mrs. Mary Wingo Hall, widow of William B. Hall of another Hall family in the Purchase area. She was the former Mary Elizabeth Wingo, daughter of Jerman J. and Ann Yancey Beadles Wingo of Graves County.
- Ann Elizabeth Hall, b. 1857
- Nanette "Nettie" Hall, b. 1859
- Jerman Adam Hall, b. 1861, d. 1866
- Theophilus Anthony Hall, b. 1863
- Charles Morgan "Kit" Hall, b. 1867
- William Alexander Hall, b. 1871
- Lewis Wingo Hall, b. 1874
- Infant Hall, b. 1877, d. 1877