CAMPBELL Family Cemetery sits on the property of Mr. Randall just off Petty Lane in
northern Maury County. It is less than a mile from the Alexander Family Cemetery
suggesting that the Alexander and Campbell Farms were very closely located to each other,
On the day, we visited, Mr. Randall was
present at the farm (he resides in Nashville) along with his son doing farm work. He
identified the location of the graveyard to us in a horse pasture about one quarter mile
from the house and gave us permission to visit it.
The graveyard consists of two sections each
surrounded by a substantial wood fence erected by Mr. Randall. This fence was installed to
protect the graveyard from further damage from farm animals that occurred before Mr.
Randall had purchased the property. It is surmised that originally the two sections of the
graveyard were connected but some previous owner had plowed through the center section
splitting the graveyard into two and no doubts erasing some of the graves.
On the July
1998 day we visited, the graveyards were heavily overgrown with trees and brush.
Substantial trees grow through some of the graves. Chest high bushes obscure most of the
stones. The following graves were located:
26 Sep 1759 23 Dec 1834
30 May 1763 6 June 1831
of Collin Campbell"
(Archibald Argyle) Campbell
31 Aug 1792 25
Polly C. Campbell
30 November 1801 1 September 1855
M.W. (Madison W.) Campbell
December 1796 October 1843
R.H. (Robert Hurley) Campbell
11 April 1801 25 May 1831
13 October 1827 12 June 1827
of A.A. & P.C."