v A new wave of Ukrainian immigrants arrive, adding to the numbers in the already existing community. Two groups, composed of Ukrainian Orthodox and Ukrainian Catholics, merge to form Holy Trinity Ukrainian Catholic Church, in union with the Pope of Rome. The church is housed in a wooden frame structure at 37 Warren Street in Stapleton. The first Catholic liturgy was celebrated on May 29. Shortly thereafter, Rev. Basil Feddish is appointed the first pastor and serves from 1949-1954.
v The parish must re-locate, as a housing development is to be built on the site occupied by the church. On Nov. 5th, during the pastorate of Rev. Leo Pelensky, a tract of land of approximately one acre on Vanderbilt Avenue at the corner of Osgood Avenue was purchase. Title was acquired on March 11, 1958, and shortly afterwards construction was begun on the new church building.
v The total period of construction was to span almost eight years from the groundbreaking ceremony. In the mean time, the congregation meets in the church basement, which was finished and blessed by Bishop Ambrose Senyshyn on July 4, 1959. By 1963, the cornerstone is blessed. The church is under the stewardship of Rev. Eugene Maceluch, 1961-1971.
v Dedication and blessing of the present church structure was made on May 30 by Bishop Joseph Schmondiuk. The church then begins the process of installing icons, stained glass windows, banners and the iconostas, made of cherry wood and painted in the neo-Byzantine style, completed by 1973.
v Holy Trinity celebrates its silver, twenty-fifth anniversary under the pastorship of Rev. Richard Bryda. A formal banquet is held to mark the occasion.
v The church celebrates 1000 years of Christianity for the people of Kievan-Rus. A granite cross and memorial marker is dedicated on the front lawn. Very Rev. Canon Lybomyr Mudry is appointed pastor and serves through his retirement in early 2000.
v The church celebrates its fiftieth anniversary. To mark the golden anniversary, a special Divine Liturgy is held by Bishop Basil Losten.
v Rev. Mykhaylo Dosyak is appointed Administrator of Holy Trinity. The church begins a new outreach to the community, including a website. With the help and grace of God Almighty, we look forward to the future and many years of continued ministry for the glorification of God.
v Most Rev. Paul Patrick Chomnycky, newly appointed Eparch of Stamford, visited our parish. He was pleased to spend time in prayer with the parishioners and encouraged them to strife for salvation of their souls and be a good examle of God-loving Christians to their neighbors.
BACK TO MAIN PAGE