Search billions of records on


This page belongs to greg krenzelok.


Elizabeth Kellner and Paul Krenzelok. They meet each other in Ladysmith Wisconsin but lived around 10 miles of each other in the old country.

Elizabeth and Paul were married September 21 1912 at the town of Maple Hill where they lived just outside of Ladysmith Wisconsin.

We need a family member to help write this page and post pictures. I would like some help in writing this page. If you are interested in helping please let me know.

Elisabeth Kellner Krenzelok around age 15. Post by Frances's daughter Betty and the Jakubco family an other great picture that came to light at the family reunion in Ladysmith in June of 2005.


This was written by Aunt Anne and Aunt Marie in around 1983 for the book: History of Rusk County Wisconsin. You can find it on page 207 of this book

Paul Krenzelok emigrated from Austria in 1908 at the age of 18. He was a baker by trade. In the year that followed, Elizabeth Kellner and her mother immigrated from the same European locality to America to join Frank Kellner already employed at the Ladysmith paper mill.

Both related experiences of their stay at Ellis Island, the immigration station for the United States at that time.

Paul Krenzelok settled at Maple Hill which was quite a community at the time and today very little is left of the town that was close to the paper mill. Paul came to Maple Hill because that is where his friends and neighbors had come before him and had taken residence. He lived at a rooming house operated by Peter Kostka. Paul then met Elizabeth Kellner and they were married in 1913.

Paul worked at the paper mill until a strike took place and he became unemployed. He and his wife and two daughters (Frances and Anne) moved to Duluth where Paul pursued his bakery skills, working for several large bakeries. The family returned to Ladysmith for a time. Two sons were born (Paul and Joseph) and the family of six returned to Duluth.

Meanwhile, a friend from Austria, John Kobelieus immigrated to Wisconsin. He was interested in the bakery business and together him and Paul opened a bakery on Warden Avenue in Ladysmith. The Krenzelok family continued to grow and everyone pitched in and helped with the bakery business. It was a struggle during the depression years and all accumulated funds were lost in the crash of 1929. The partnership between Paul and John dissolved in 1933 and the Krenzelok family became sole proprietors of a bakery on Miner Avenue.

Nine children were born to Paul and Elizabeth as the children became of age, they took their turn and each developed his own talents at baking or as sales persons. Many times in the early years, the children worked without allowance or for only a few cents a week. Things were different in those days, sliced bread was unheard of until the early 1930's and the brick oven was fired with coke.

Today, baking is still done in a brick oven and the old original recipes are used to create the wonderful home baked flavor of the Ladysmith Bakery. Presently the bakery is operated by the two eldest Krenzelok sons Paul and Joe. Two daughters, Anne and Dolores Fuhrer also work in the bakery along with several grandchildren and Margaret Ludvik who has been employed by the family for many years.

Paul Krenzelok's Gold Pocket watch


Twas the morning of a wedding forty years ago today

When Mr. and Mrs. Kellner gave their Bertha away

Now Paul was the lucky groom at the Alter

He stood calm and collective he didn't even falter

He promised her sweets and cake and pies

He said Bertha you're just the apple of my eye

So their life was started, they were happy as could be

Pa said to Ma, let's start a family tree

Now Frances came first so blond and so tall

I guess she turned out to be the oldest of them all

Then came Anne so round and so dark. What a cute little baby Ma did remark

What we need is a boy for a change in style

But Ma said, What's the hurry lets wait a while

Time flew by but at last their came a sweet little boy and Paul junior was his name

Then came Joe with a scream and a yell

Bertha said to Paul, Now ain't he swell

Next came Bette so sweet and so small. But God needed her more and took her from us all

The days were all noisy but hope spent

Ma washed the clothes and Pa came and went

Later came Bobby and Eddie shortly after

With so many kids there was much fun and laughter

Then came Dolores followed by a Caboose her name was Lillian and they would let her loose

Posted by Joseph's son Jim Krenzelok: Paul and Elizabeth's original Marriage record. I am so excited about being able to see this and all of the others things that have come to the surface. To think I may never have had a chance to see this make's me want to thank everyone for posting these treasures. How lucky we are that these things have been saved.

Paul Krenzelok's Declaration of Intention

Elizabeth's Petition for Naturalization

Paul Krenzelok's Certificate of Naturalization posted by Jim Krenzelok. Dated May 15 1926 Petition Volume 7 number 605 age 35 height 5 feet and 6inches, color white, complexion light, color of eyes Brown, color of hair Brown with no distinguishing marks. Paul lists his children Frances age 12. Anne age 10, Paul age 7, Joseph age 5, Elizabeth (Bette) age 3 and Robert age 1. Dolores and Lillian were not borne yet. Family is living at 917 E 4th Street, Ladysmith, WI.

Posted by Jim Krenzelok and their family: Elizabeth Kellner Krenzelok's Certificate of Naturalization papers.

Elizabeth's father Frank Kellner and his Certificate of Citizenship papers. Posted by Frances's family and Dolores Krenzelok. Notice where it states: 4th and 5th fingers, right hand, amputated.

Posted by Alan Krenzelok and their family . Elizabeth's application for Social Security form. It's here we can see Frances Kellner's maid name. Notice the spelling of Kellner with one L and at Ellis Island on the ship manifest it's spelled with two L's. This is just one more piece of the history of the family that is being collected.

Elizabeth Kellner Krenzelok and her mother were living in the town of Witkowitz which is now called Vitkovice with her mother's sister and family waiting for Frank to get settled in Ladysmith Wisconsin and send for them .

According to Anne Krenzelok Elizabeth was borne in a town very close to Auschwitz Poland. Anne said during WW2 when they were hearing about Auschwitz her mother would tell her that was close to where she was born

We always got so excited when we would go to dad and mom's hometown of Ladysmith Wisconsin. For weeks before we would ask dad and mom, when are we going, over and over again. And for weeks mom would be doing the packing. And then the big day would come and dad packed up the car, which was really something to watch because mom I think wanted to take everything. But she always did a wonderful job and we always had everything for a great trip. Then we would get into the car and mom would try to put us in a place where we could not get into any trouble with our brothers and sisters, but it never worked, and off we would go to Ladysmith. It was always a long trip and it didn't take long before we all started to get bored. We would start picking on each other and calling each other names and all of a sudden Dad's hand from the front seat would be coming back at us, looking for it's target. We hated to see that hand come back from the front seat but we knew it was our falt and it was never in dad's nature to do things like this but being in the car with all those screaming kids was more than anyone could take. And then we would be very good for a while until the cycle started up all over again. Sometimes his aim was a little off because he was trying to drive the car. I just don't know how mom and dad did it with 3 to 6 children in the car on those long trips. And dad thought that he would never get there because someone always had to go to the bathroom. Mom always had a pee jar for times like this because dad would get to a point where he just couldn't take it anymore. I also remember on the way back home late at night we would stop at the Wonder Bread factory and we all thought that was a special treat, we just had the bread with nothing on it, boy times have changed. Well, anyways the trip would go on and we knew we were close to Ladysmith when we saw the old creamery.

We were big news when we came to town because it was always in the Ladysmith Newspaper and gramma Murphy would show us the newspaper.

Our Grampa and Gramma Murphy at their house in Ladysmith, Debbie, Suzanne,Steve and grampa holding Greg

We would first go to our grampa and gramma Murphy's house. We would pull into their driveway and gramma would come out of the house with her arms all waving in the air and crying. We got out of that car as fast as we could and we would run into her arms. She would be balling her head off and just so happy to see us. And when we left for home at the end of the trip it would start all over again with gramma balling her head off and waving good bye. Gramma would be known for acting like this her whole life. We sure loved our grandparents on both sides of the family. And we thought they were very special, and they were.

When we got into Ladysmith from a long drive from Minneapolis or in later years Bloomfield Connecticut we would first go to Grampa and Gramma Murphy's house because that is where we would stay. When we got settled in we couldn't wait to go see Grampa and Gramma Krenzelok at the bakery. We would go with Dad to the bakery and there was just something so special about driving through downtown Ladysmith and when we got there we would first see our Aunts, Uncles and cousins working downstairs and they always seemed so happy. Whenever we would show up at the bakery I would remember Uncle Joe would be singing and the radio would be playing in the background, and I can still see that radio in my mind. And I use to love and watch Uncle Joe hold a cake on a stand and how fast he could frost it and how perfect it would look. And there would be big huge barrels of frosting, which we were always hoping that we could get our fingers into but we knew we shouldn't. I remember the gumball machine because they would always give us pennies so we didn't even have to pay for the gumballs. I also use to love to watch my Aunt Dolores on the bread slicer and she had some wonderful way of sealing the bread packages with 2 hot little irons that were on the machine, it seemed like magic. She would be just talking and smiling and she was so proficient at it, I really thought she was really something special.

One of my favorite memories of the bakery when I was a little girl would be to go with my sister Debbie and we would sit and watch Aunt Anne decorate wedding cakes. And she would make these very fragile pastel colored sugar bells. She made them by painting some kind of sugar syrup inside of the mold and she would let them dry and carefully she would take the mold off. They were just beautiful and all sparkly and our favorite part was if one broke she would let us eat it. I remember the roses she would make she would twirl them around with a little tip and she would make these beautiful, beautiful Roses, but the sugar bells were always my favorite. I have seen many roses on wedding cakes, but I have never since or before seen anyone create a sugar bell like Aunt Anne's, they were the best.

I remember my Uncle Paul and Bud Cobb making bread with the large mixer and then baking the bread in the brick oven. I remembered Bud and Uncle Paul used these huge long paddles or peels at the brick oven and they would be pulling out all kinds of breads, rolls and wonderful things. I'll always remember that wonderful brick oven. Grampa had purchased the brick oven in the 1920's and he even moved it brick by brick from the second bakery location to where it was now. At one time they even used wood to heat it up.

I also remember my uncle Joe when he would be frosting the Bismarks. He was so fast at it and he would just spread the frosting on them in one fast swipe doing one after another. He could really whip out the Bismarks and other donuts. Uncle Joe was always very fast and good at whatever he was working on in the bakery and so fun to watch. We really admired our aunts and uncles and what they could do. It was a busy place and you had to make sure that you stayed out of the way.

And the rule at the bakery was that you could take all that you wanted but you had to eat it. I always gain weight during those summer trips to Ladysmith. Gramma would always give us a bottle of milk to wash it all down with and we would sit on the steps that lead to the upstairs where gramma lived. The back room where the stairs were was where they would fry and cool the donuts. We usually came in through this back door and I remember donuts being fried and all the racks of donuts cooling. I'll never forget the sound that the screen doors on the back and side would make when they would slam close. We could have all the donuts that we wanted. My sister Debbie loved the Long Johns and I love the jelly filled Bismarks and the chocolate covered donuts. I remember my uncles wearing their white T shirts, aprons and white bakers hats. There was always flour all over the floor and we would love the skid around on it.

This also brings back the memories of every time around Christmas when our family would receive the Bakery Box from Grampa, Gramma and our Aunts and Uncles that they sent us every year. No matter how old we were we all got so excited when it arrived. The box always seemed huge and just filled with all kinds of wonderful bakery goods and in there also were those beautiful calendars that had Ladysmith Bakery printed on them. Our family still has several of the calendars. Each of us seemed to have our favor bakery item in the box and we dug down into the box until we found it. It was the highlight of the Christmas Season for the family. And it could never be opened until everyone in the family was there to be a part of it. It was always kind of a surprise to see what was in it. Sometimes it got very close to Christmas and the bakery box had not arrived yet and we would all worry. But it would finally come in the mail and we would all get so excited. But we all wondered when the day would come when we no longer would get the bakery box, and that was a very sad day for our family when it happened. But our aunts and uncles kept it up for a long time and we knew it was a lot of work to do.

I remember that when we would go upstairs to see Gramma it always smelt to me like Golabki's, whether she was cooking them or not, and I think the smell was in the walls. Golabki's were the cabbage, rice and meat Polish dish that she would make and the dinner that our family to this day still loves. That is the first thing I remembered walking up the stairs to go see grampa and gramma.

I remember her big iron stove, I don't even know how many burners she had but it was a huge thing. It always seemed that she was in the kitchen or finally when she was tired she would be sitting on the porch in her rocker. And years later I remember her sitting in her favorite easy chair in front of the windows watching her soap operas. It always seemed like the house was filled with aunts, uncles and cousins. But it always seemed that she was so glad to see us. When we spent the night at the bakery we slept in the narrowest bedroom that I had ever seen that was off the back porch. It hardly had room for a bed. My dad as a little boy may have slept in this room. Boy was it hot upstairs in the summer with the brick oven going on down below in the bakery. One of my uncle's would come in late at night or very early in the morning to fire the oven up for the next day of baking. We would spend the night there, and at night, Debbie and I would watch gramma take down her long braids and brush her hair and we were just so fascinated because her hair went way passed her waist and it was all kind of wavy from being put up in two braids up on the top of her head where she crossed them back and forth in a bunt. And then later in her life when we moved to California and I was married she came out for a visit and she had cut the long braids off into a short hair style and we couldn't get over it. And gramma always used a lot of bobby pins in her hair and she would let Debbie and I watch and talk to us while she was going about her nightly routine and she always had a very sweet smile on her face. My memories of gramma Krenzelok are very dear to me.

Suzanne admiring her gramma and her aunt Frances

I also remember gramma ironing clothes on what I believe was called a Mangle, it was a big old beast of a thing. And she would be pressing sheets and clothes with it. She would be sitting down while ironing and it was like a clothes press. I have never seen anything like it before or since. With having so many children it probably was much faster to do the ironing with.

Gramma always loved to pass out silver dollars and money to the grandchildren. We use to love just watching gramma work and it seemed she always had on a apron when working in the kitchen. She always ate separately, she would feed the crew and then when they all cleared out she would enjoy a quiet meal that she certainly had earned.

I remember grampa wearing a white T shirt and suspenders most of the time unless he got dressed up to go out and then he was a very sharp dresser. Grampa loved to smoke big cigars and I always remembered him with one in his mouth. I also remember sitting in the living room and I would look into grampa's bedroom and watch him at his desk that was piled with money, just stacks of different kinds and he always looked so happy in there counting it. He didn't seem to say to much, but he was always happy and smiling and he spoke kind of a broken english. He always love to have a good time and I remember all the weddings and how much fun they were out at the Tee away. The Tee Away was a favor place for the family to go out for dinner and for the family to get together. We would all be dancing and I remember, I think it was my aunt Lillian who was in her wedding gown and she was letting me dance with her on the tops of her shoes. I thought that was pretty neat to dance with by aunt who was the bride and she did all the work and I did all the laughing.

And then I remember going to aunt Marie's and she also had lots of good things too eat at her house. We were always fascinated about just about everything that was around us, I remember that uncle Paul had a talking crow, and they had a big porch at their house. We would love to play downstairs in the basement with our cousins. Every one of our aunts and uncle’s houses were so different from the suburbs where we lived. It always seemed so homey and welcoming and we loved being in the small town where our parents were borne and grew up. And you never had to call ahead you just went an showed up. Gramma Murphy use to worry about a lot of things but I don't ever remember her worrying about us or where we were. And I don't remember who told us to go home at the end of the day, but we finally did. And we would finally end up being back at Grampa and Gramma Murphy's. No buddy ever said, where were you and and what are you doing and when are you coming back, we were free as birds. It is sure a lot different than how it is today. It seemed like all our cousins were around our age and we always had a good time.

And then we always got money for Orange Crush or Grape sodas in bottles along with bags of potato chips. The whole town of Ladysmith seemed like it was full of our family and friends and no buddy seem to worry about us or if we were lost. I can't remember my parents ever worrying about us and we seem to have free run of the town. And we would go from one aunt's house to another and see what goodies they would have. And when we would go to my aunt Loraine's house, who was my grandmother Esther Kulibert Murphy sister, there seemed like there was always Meringue Shells, sea foam, fudge, and she would have it all out at the same time to eat, boy did we have fun.

We also loved visiting our grampa and gramma Murphy. We usually stayed there during most of our visiting when we were in Ladysmith. If we ever did an aaron for gramma Murphy she would always give us money to stop at the penny candy store, a penny bought you a lot of candy back then. And a quarter would get you popcorn, soda and a movie in the afternoon at the theater. I remember gramma Murphy's big garden and she would send us out there to dig up potatoes or to pick corn. I loved raspberries like my grandfather and down in their basement was where they kept all their freshly canned preserves and vegetables, all lined up on a shelf. There were canned peaches and all kinds of other things in all those canning jars.

On washday Debbie and I would help gramma. Gramma at the time was still using a washing machine with a clothes ringer on top to ring out the water of the clothes. We thought it was great fun, she would open the double cellar doors that were on the outside of the house and then there were the stairs that lead down to the basement. After washing it was now time to hang the clothes on a very long clothes line that she had. This was before many people had clothes dryers and everything was hung out to dry even in the winter. Gramma was very particular on how you hung the clothes on the clothes line; you always had to share a clothes pin with the next piece of clothes that you hung up to dry. She always liked to have all the same kinds of clothes hanging together like underwear, shirts and pants and all the dark and light things together so it was easier to fold. It seemed that gramma liked to iron everything, underwear, face towels and she would roll it all up on the kitchen table and sprinkle it with water and iron it, and we knew sooner or later she would sprinkle us. So we would sit there and wait and laugh and giggle when she finally sprinkled us.

The above picture is Gramma Esther Kulibert Murphy and grandson Steven in 1955, Gramma love too spoil us good and I hope we didn't give her to hard of a time because she was about as good as a gramma could be.

Gramma was always working and busy and she always seemed happy when she was working. I remember in her housedress with her hair all tied up in some sort of a scarf. She would let us polish our nails and she would put flowers in our hair, we thought we were really something. Gramma loved her sparkly jewelry and she would let us try it on and try on her perfume too. Gramma love to spoil us good and I hope we didn't give her too hard of a time because she was about as good as a gramma could be. I remember her cuckoo clock that we just loved and she had a horsehair couch that felt offal to sit on but it was fascinating to think that it really was made out of a horse. They had a wonderful front enclosed porch that we loved to sit out in and upstairs in the attic they had a wooden box of toys for us to play with and it was the first thing that we would run for when we came for a visit. But the attic did kind of scare us and sometimes we would have to sleep there instead of the bedroom on the front side of the house where we did like to sleep. We always thought there was something in the attic that was going to come out and get us. But we did love our grampa and gramma Murphy's house and we knew every sweak in the stairs. And gramma if she thought we were sleeping too late would come up stairs and say Good Morning Hop Hobbie and she would wake us up by pulling our sheets down and tell us it was time to rise and shine. And then there would be a wonderful breakfast to eat down stairs in the kitchen. At lunch we would wait for grampa to come home from work. We would see him coming on the back porch through the kitchen window. Everyone would get TV trays to eat on and we would all watch the soap operas. And gramma would make a hundred trips going back and forth to the kitchen bringing everyone's lunch and getting things.

I remembered my mother hated venison but gramma kept trying to sneak it on her. She would always put it into a meatloaf or something like that, but my mother always knew it was there. Grampa and gramma had a cabin on Amacoy Lake and years later on Blueberry Lake and we would love to go out there and stay. Gramma loved to go fishing and she would always take us out with her. Grampa loved to fish too but we never seemed to go fishing with him very often. We always went out fishing in an old wooden rowboat and sometimes we had an outboard motor that we always seem to have nothing but trouble with. We went out fishing all the time and my sister Debbie if she would be fishing with a rod and reel, and she caught something scary like a bullhead or a sucker. Debbie would get so scared that she would throw the rod and reel in the water. Finally gramma said she wasn't allowed any more rods and reels and she made her use an old bamboo pole. And then the bamboo pole if Debbie caught something ugly it would be swinging around all of our heads because she was afraid to touch it. And the rule was that you always had to bait your own hook, take off your own fish and you had to clean your own fish too. Gramma stuck to those few simple rules. We would cut the heads off and clean the fish and gramma always put them in some kind of bullhead chowder that we never liked, we couldn't even look at it but gramma thought it was the best. We caught and ate a lot of sunfish and Croppies back in those days.

We loved going to grampa and gramma Murphy's cabin on Amacoy Lake. The cabin was right on the lake and we loved the inside water pump in the kitchen that you had to pump by hand to get water. There was no inside plumbing or running water until years later. We didn't like the outhouse too much, we were pretty sure that we were going to fall in there, and it smelt terrible! We used the Thunder Mug or honey bucket at night to go to the bathroom. There was a beautiful stone fireplace in the cabin and we could hear the mice running around the rafters in that area of the cabin until grampa got up in the morning to make a nice cozy fire and then we knew the mice were getting fried or else they were running for their lives. I remember that they closed the porch in and they had all kinds of rocking chairs, which I loved. We each had a rocker and we would sit out there and we loved sitting on the porch when it was raining.

Leonard Murphy sitting in front of the fireplace at their cabin on Amacoy Lake

When we stayed over night at the cabin and if there was a crowd we would sleep on the porch. And if it was just our family then I remember us sleeping in the kitchen. The first thing in the morning that I would hear was the wonderful sound of motorboats out on the lake, which is still one of my favorite sounds. We would wake up and run to the window because we could not believe we were still out here at the lake which was one of are favorite places to be, and it was like being in heaven. I remember all the neighbors that we would go visit and hearing all the stories about them. Sometimes we would all load up in the motorboat and go across the lake to the local tavern that was right on the lake and the adults would have a beer and us kids had a pop. We use to play in the sand and we always had pails and shovels and doing things like jumping off the dock when we went swimming. I remember getting bloodsucking leeches in between my toes if I touch the bottom when going swimming, which was a fright, as gramma would say and someone would have to pull them off. There was always some excitement, like a bee going up gramma's skirt and Debbie cutting herself on a old rusty can, when she dived off the dock, and taking her to the doctor. The grown ups would play cards at night when we had to go to bed and we would hear them in the other room laughing and eating all kinds of good treats. We couldn't wait to get a little older so we could stay up late and play cards with the adults.

Gramma got it in her head one time to use this new paint that had all these flakes of colors in it, and we thought that the chair looked pretty funny, but it was fun to watch gramma paint the chair. There was a little store at the bottom of the hill before you got to the cabin and we love to go there and we always got some candy out of the deal. There was a farm near by where we would go in the barn to buy fresh chicken eggs.

Suzanne and mom visiting the old Murphy Cabin on Amacoy Lake, WI 2005

Gramma was always working, she would be painting, cleaning, she loved to clean and she was always doing something. Gramma was always knitting or making something with those hands of hers and how we would laugh when she got older years later and her great grandson Tyler Steven was maybe 2 or 3 and he would imitate her with his one finger that she would point out at you, when she really wanted to tell you something. We would laugh our heads off because he had in down pat. Gramma had some kind of old radio on a big old stand and she would let us play secretary and we would push the buttons and pretend we were phone operators and we would do that for hours while gramma was house cleaning. And she would also let us play on the telephone and some how we worked around the Ladysmith phone operator. We would pretend that we were making calls. We use to love to watch gramma sew on her foot pedal sewing machine you had to peddle it in order to make the needle go up and down. Debbie and I thought that was really something.

Grampa always let us puff on his cigar and his pipes. He always loved to tickle us and play doctor. We would pretend that we had something wrong with us like we had a bad cut or broken arm and he would wrap it and put liniment on it, all this pretending would be going on and one time gramma when grampa was tickling us trying to warn us that we were going to break her favorite lamp that her son Emmett had bought her from one of his travels it was all hand painted. And sure enough it went over and cracked into a million pieces, boy were we in trouble. We think grampa was remembering the time when he was doctoring up horses and mules when he was in the Veterinary Corps in WW 1 in France. And other things we use to love to do was watch grampa pack his smoking pipe. Grampa had a favor pipe but he also had many other pipes of different shapes and they were all in a little rack. He would decide which one he wanted to smoke and he would go through this whole process of tamping the tobacco down lighting it up and we would have to puff and puff to get it to start lighting, what fun it was.

Well, these are my special memories of going to Ladysmith to see grampa and gramma Krenzelok and Murphy whose memories are so dear in my heart. I will always treasure those special times in my life that seem so far away from the world that we live in today. In 2005 I had a chance to come home to Ladysmith for one more time for a visit. Things looked different but still the old memories were strong. The bakery building no longer there was hard to take, but the memories of bakery could not be taken away because they are in my heart. All the memories of my grampa and gramma Krenzelok and Murphys of all of my uncles, aunts and cousins are in my heart and the love that I have for all of them. I am so thankful I had a chance to visit with my Aunt Anne before she passed away, and my visit with aunt Dolores and uncle Don and the time we spent with my aunt Marie and the stories she told us. And last in was good once again to touch bases with my cousins who I saw. Ladysmith is where both of my parents were born and well always be a special place to me.

The old outhouse was still there, right in the same spot where we would look out over the lake.

VITKOVICE 4949 1816 N Czech Republic 169.8 miles E of Prague

VITKOVICE 5041 1532 N Czech Republic 62.6 miles NE of Prague

VITKOVICE 5007 1318 N Czech Republic 51.7 miles W of Prague

VITKOVICE 4924 1326 N Czech Republic 66.0 miles SW of Prague

WITKOWITZ (VITKOVICE) 4949 1816 V Czech Republic 169.8 miles E of Prague

I finally found hard proof where Witkowitz is or was, it is the same as the town of Vitkovice today. It's in the Czech Republic, see above. Ostrava is not very far from Koniakow and many of our relatives went to work there according to Anna Ligocki our cousin. Both of Paul's brother worked in Ostrava in the metal industries. It is believed the Jozef Krenzelok's wife Anna Zmuda's family was from there and her family was very well off and got Paul's brothers jobs there.

I found it on this website: JewishGen:The Home of Jewish Genealogy

Click on the below Links:

Krenzelok website Homepage

Contact US - Related Links - Ladysmith - Our Relatives in Poland - Paul and Elizabeth - Frances - Anne - Paul - Joseph - Joseph Military - Bette - Robert - Robert Military - Edward - Dolores - Lillian - Kronprinzessin Cecilie - Kronprinzessin Cecilie 2 - Ellis Island - The Post - The Bakery - Our Wyoming Krenzelok - History - The Steerage Experience - Family Pictures - Family Pictures 2 - Family Pictures 3 - Family Pictures 4