Search billions of records on Ancestry.com
   

The Trade Directories

Some notes on the geography, history, economy and organisation of the villages of my ancestors, together with the names and occupations of those Binghams listed in each directory.

 
1847: History, Gazetteer & Directory of Kent, Vol. II

Bethersden
BINGHAM William, farmer

BETHERSDEN is a parish and village, situated on the Tenterden and Halden road, 6 miles W.S.W. from Ashford, and extends into the hundreds of Blackbourne and Calehill. The parish contains 6,345 acres of land, of which about 800 acres are in Coppice Wood, chiefly oak, with much good timber interspersed throughout the parish. The head of the river Medway, which rises near Goldwell in Great Chart, runs along the northern extremity of it towards Smarden. In 1841 there were 205 houses and 1,011 inhabitants; population in 1801, 748; in 1834, 973; rateable value, 3,789.

THE CHURCH, dedicated to St. Margaret, is a spacious edifice, with nave, chancel, side aisles, and an embattled tower with clock, and six bells. The living is a vicarage, valued in the King's books at 12, now 166, in the patronage of the Archbishop of Canterbury, and incumbency of the Rev. Richard Burnet. In the middle aisle of this church lie the Wilmotts of this parish, and in the chancel the Witherdens; a gravestone for William Lovelace has the date of 1459. The small tithes are commuted for 164, and th rectorial for 436 10s. 6d.

THE BAPTISTS have a chapel, built in 1804, and WESLEYAN METHODISTS one, built in 1834. A FAIR is held the third Monday in April. The South Eastern Railway passes for about a mile on the northern side of the parish, having a station at Pluckley, 3 miles N. from Bethersden. The principal landowners are the Earl of Thanet, Earl Cornwallis, Rev. N. Toke, Sir E. Dering, W. T. T. Baldwin, Esq., Edward Hayward, Esq., and Mr. Curties

BETHERSDEN MARBLE was formerly in great esteem for decorating churches and other religious houses, and for making chimney pieces. The Cathedrals of Canterbury and Rochester abound with it; and most of the ancient tombs and monuments of the bishops and gentry, found in the old churches, are chiefly made of it; it bears a good polish, and is very hard and durable, if dug up in its perpendicular state; but if horizontally, it usually peels off in flakes. This kind of marble, from its being dug up both here and at Petworth, Sussex, is known by the names both of the Bethersden and Petworth marble.

CHARITIES - Edward Tuesnod left a rent charge of 10s. per annum out of land called Tuesnoad farm. The poor have also an annual sum of 2s. 6d., left by an unknown donor. Thomas Margaret and Stephen Glover left certain lands, in trust, which now produce 22 10s. per annum, and the amount is carried to the churchwardens' account as applicable to the repairs of the church.

KINGSNORTH is an extensive parish, and scattered district of houses, with the church nearly in the centre of the parish, which, standing on an elevation, is seen at a considerable distance. The village is pleasantly situated 2 miles S. by W. from Ashford; the east branch of the river Stour passes the northern part of the parish, which is also intersected by a new line of Railway from Ashford to St. Leonards.

The parish contains 3,244 acres of land, a part of which extends into the Weald, about 130 acres are in hop plantations, the soil is mostly a miry clay, considered good feeding land. In 1841, there were 74 houses and 416 inhabitants; population in 1901, 295; in 1831, 386. Rateable value 3,156. The landowners are Alliston Brothers, Esqrs., Company of Haberdashers, Rev. W. Toke, Edward Godfrey, Esq., Mr. Daniel Swaffer, Mr. Stephen Hart, Mr. James G. Meers, Miss Fanny Barton, and others.

THE CHURCH (St. Michael) is a venerable fabric, with nave, chancel, and square tower; in the chancel is a handsome tomb inlaid with beautiful brasses, to the memory of Humphrey Clarke. The living is a rectory, valued in the King's books at 11 9s. 9d., in the gift of J.L. Alliston, Esq., and incumbency of the Rev. Richard Baldock. The tithes were commuted, in 1839, for 635, extraordinary charge on hop grounds 15s. per acre. There are 21 acres of glebe in the parish. Three acres of land left by Humphrey Clarke, is now let for 4 per annum, and the amount carried to the churchwarden's account.

BALDOCK Rev. Richard, Rectory
BINGHAM John, blacksmith
HARNDEN George, bricklayer
HUGHES Robert, grocer
MAPLESDEN George, wheelwright
MEERS Jas. Gray, corn factor & miller, Chipley Hatch
MOOR Daniel, shopkeeper
THEOBALD Wm. wheelwright & vict., "Queen's Head"
VENNER Wm., shoemaker
WASHFORD Jerry, farrier
WEST Daniel, parish clerk
Farmers
AUPS John
BANKS Dd., Halfway bs
BARTON John
BARTON Rd., (grazier)
BINGHAM James
BISHOP Stephen, Brisley
BUTCHER John, Pilham
DRAY William
HART Stephen, Park
HILDER Edw., Ct. lodge
HILDER Thos., Pound
HILDER Thos. Paine, Buttersland
HILLS Thos., Courtley
HOPE Wm., Mill bank
LAWRENCE Thomas
MEERS Jas. Gray, Chipley Hatch
PENTECOST Richard
SWAFFER Daniel & Son, Munford
* * *
 
 
OTHER
KESBY John & Walter, blacksmiths, Tenterden
KESBY John, farmer, Bonnington

 
1855: Post Office Directory of Essex, Herts, Kent, ___

Smiths, Blacksmiths & Farriers
BINGHAM G., Shadoxhurst, Ashford
BINGHAM J., Great Chart, Ashford
BINGHAM J., Kingsnorth, Ashford

 
1858: Melville & Co.'s Directory of Kent

GREAT CHART is a village and parish, two miles west from Ashford Station; sixty-nine miles from London; thirty-three miles from Maidstone; and sixteen miles from Canterbury; in the Hundred of Chart and Longridge and Union of West Ashford, East Kent. The church is a handsome structure; the living is a rectory, in the gift of the Archbishop of Canterbury; the Very Rev. George Pellew, the Dean of Norwich, is the incumbent. The Wesleyans have a meeting-house. The population in 1851 was 754. Bucksford is half a mile east on the Slour; Singleton half a mile east; Nin House half a mile north; Goldwell, at the source of the Medway, three quarters of a mile N.W.; Moat House a quarter of a mile S.W.; New Street and Four Elms half a mile S.W.; and Singleton Green one mile and a half south.

POST OFFICE: Charles Small, Receiver. The nearest Money Order Office is at Ashford.

Gentry
BARTON Miss
COTTEN Thomas Mr.
DURTNELL Miss
PELLEW Hon. and Rev. George, Dean of Norwich
SAWYER John Mills Esq.
STREETER George Esq.
TOKE Rev. Nicholas, Goddington Park
TICKNER Mrs.

Traders

ANDREWS Henry, miller, Wortin Mill
BEECHING John, farmer
BENNETT Richard, wheelwright
BINGHAM James, blacksmith
BISHOP John, farmer
BRIGGS James, shoemaker
BURDEN James, bricklayer
BUSS John, farmer
BUSS George Edward, farmer
DATTON John, farmer
FRY William, farmer
GOULD Henry, shoemaker
GREENHILL Edward, farmer
GRIST, G., "Swan" ph
HAYWARD Stephen, farmer
HILL Clark, farmer
HILL John, farmer
HUTTON J. Arthur, miller, Ruckford Mill
MARSHALL George, farmer
NORTON James, carpenter
OVERY Robert, farmer
PAIE George, farmer
PADGHAM William, carpenter
SHORTER Stephen Thomas, farmer
SAWYER John Mills, farmer
SKINNER George, blacksmith
SMALL Charles, postmaster
SPICER Richard, farmer
TOLHURST James, farmer
WAGHORNE Thomas, grocer
WILLMOTT James, baker
WOOD George, beer retailer
* * *

OTHER TOWNS

Kingsdown
BINGHAM Thomas, coal merchant
Dover
BINGHAM Thomas James, pilot, Limekiln street, Dover
BINGHAM Henry, pilot, Bulwark hill, Dover

 
1882: Kelly's Directory of Kent

Great Chart
BINGHAM James, blacksmith
Rochester
BINGHAM Gen. George William Powlett C.B., J.P., The Vines,County Magistrate, Petty Sessional Division
Ruckinge
BINGHAM Thomas, farmer
Shadoxhurst
BINGHAM George, wheelwright
BINGHAM William Henry, blacksmith
Woolwich
BINGHAM Mrs., 62 Woolwich common
Dover
BINGHAM James Richard, "Victory" ph, Kingsdown

 
1884-5: Pike's Weald of Kent & Romney Marsh Directory

BINGHAM Joseph, farmer, East Ongley, Biddenden
BINGHAM John, builder & contractor, Headcorn

 
1891: Kelly's Directory of Kent, Surrey & Sussex

SHADOXHURST is a village and parish, 4 miles south-west from Ashford and 71 from London, in the Southern division of the county, hundreds of Blackbourn, Chart and Longbridge and Ham, lathes of Scray and Shepway, Ashford petty sessional division and county court district, West Ashford union and in the rural deanery of North Lympne and archdeaconry and diocese of Canterbury. This district is covered with coppice woods and is watered by a feeder of the Beult.

The church of SS. Peter and Paul is a small building of stone in the Early English and Decorated styles, consisting of chancel, nave, north porch and a small western tower with wooden spire containing one bell; south of the chancel is a sedile sunk in the sill of the south-east window and a piscina with a shelf; the chancel also contains a quantity of ancient armour, and there is a large marble monument to Admiral Molloy; the font is an octagonal bowl on a single stem; the church was thoroughly restored in 1870 by subscription, and stands in a very spacious churchyard. The register dates from the year 1538. The living is a rectory, tithes commuted at 129, with 41 acres of glebe and residence, in the gift of the Lord Chancellor, and held since 1885 by the Rev. John Forbes, of the University of Edinburgh. Here is a Wesleyan chapel.

The charities amount to 5 15s. yearly and include 10s. derived from land left in 1604 by Michael Poonetts; the whole is distributed to the poor in money, as well as 5 from a benefaction left by Dr. Curtis. Col. John Leslie Toke J.P. of Clarewood, Camberley, Surrey, is lord of the manor; Daniel Norton and Jason Norton esqs. are the principal landowners.

The soil is heavy; subsoil, clay. The chief crops are wheat, beans and hops. The area is 2,127 acres; rateable value, 1,347; the population in 1881 was 192.

PARISH CLERK: George Woodgate
POST OFFICE: George Richard Hukins, receiver
Letters through Ashford arrive at 7.30 a.m.;
dispatched at 5.50 p.m. & in winter at 4 p.m.
The nearest money order & telegraph office is at Woodchurch.
WALL LETTER BOX, Bromley green, cleared at 6.25 p.m.
PAROCHIAL SCHOOL (mixed): built in 1846, for 45 children;
average attendance, 35; Miss Hannah Thomas, mistress

Commercial

BINGHAM George, wheelwright
BINGHAM William Henry, blacksmith
CAPELING & BROWN, farmers
COLLINS William, farm bailiff
..to J. NORTON esq. Bromley Green
COLLINS William, farmer, Moat farm
CURLING Richard, "King's Head" ph
GOODWIN William, farmer, Jekey farm
HARDING Thomas, farmer
HEATHFIELD Edward, farmer
HOMEWOOD Arthur, farmer
HUKINS George Richard, shopkeeper
..Post office
MILLS John, farmer, Blindgrooms
MILLS John Joshua, farmer, Snailswood
PARSONS Arthur, farmer
WHITEHEAD Charles, farmer
WOODGATE George, farmer
* * *

OTHER TOWNS

Private Residents
BINGHAM Gen. George William Powlett CB, DL, JP, The Vines, Rochester
BINGHAM Fk. Chas., 12 South street, Greenwich SE
BINGHAM Hy. V., Ferndale, River, Dover
BINGHAM Mrs., Hurstwood lodge, Hurstwood lane, Tunbridge Wells
BINGHAM Mrs., 7 Park street, Deal
BINGHAM Wm., 8 Wynell road, Forest Hill SE
 
Commercial
BINGHAM H. W., carpenter & joiner, Blenheim road, Deal
BINGHAM Mrs. Alice, confectioner & pastrycook, 30 Quarry hl., Tonbridge
BINGHAM Thomas & Sons, farmers, New house, Bilsington, Ashford
BINGHAM Joseph, farmer, East Ongley, Biddenden, Staplehurst
BINGHAM Richard, farmer, Kingsnorth, Ashford
BINGHAM George, painter & decorator, plumber, Lydd S.O
BINGHAM Jesse, painter & decorator, "Crown" ph, Cowden, Edenbridge
BINGHAM James Richard, "Victory" ph, Kingsdown, Dover

 
1903: Kelly's Directory of Kent

GREAT CHART is a village and parish on the road from Ashford to Tenterden, 2 miles west from Ashford station on the South Eastern and Chatham railway, and 54 from London, in the Southern division of the county, lathe of Scray, hundred of Chart and Longridge, Ashford county court district and petty sessional division, West Ashford union, and in the rural deanery of East Charing, archdeaconry of Maidstone and diocese of Canterbury. The river Stour passes through the northern part of the parish

The church of St. Mary is of stone in the Decorated and Perpendicular styles, and has a tower containing a striking clock and 6 bells; there are several tombs, a number of ancient brasses with effigies, to some of the Toke family (1513), and five stained windows; the church was restored in 1894, at an estimated cost of 1,000, and affords 500 sittings. The register of baptisms and burials dates from the year 1558, marriages from 1559. The living is a rectory, net yearly value 300, including 13 acres of glebe, with residence, in the gift of the Archbishop of Canterbury, and held since 1898 by the Rev. Alban Henry Harrison M.A. of Trinity College, Cambridge. There is a Wesleyan chapel here. Almshouses for two aged persons were erected in 1583; these were rebuilt in 1833, and endowed by Francis Toke esq. of Godinton Park; and in 1899 an additional arlmshouse was built by the trustees of the Toke and Streeter almshouse charity; each pensioner receives 7s. a week. James Goldwell, Bishop of Norwich (1472-99), a native of this parish, was a great benefactor to the church and died in 1499. Thomas Kipps, of this parish, left a rent charge on land of 1 yearly for the poor.

The well-known Kentish Rag is extensively quarried in this parish for road making and building purposes.

Godinton, the property and residence of George Ashley Dodd esq. J.P. is a large red brick mansion, standing in a well-wooded park of 400 acres; a new wing has been added and the grounds enlarged and improved by the present owner. Bucksford is the property and residence of Col. John Leslie Toke V.D., J.P. The Ecclesiastical Commissioners are lords of the manor, and Colonel Toke and G. A. Dodd esq. J.P. are the principal landowners.

The soil is mostly stiff clay; subsoil, rock. The chief crops are wheat, hops, beans an peas. The area is 3,271 acres of land and 5 of water; rateable value, 8,902; the population in 1901 was 694.

NEW STREET, 1 mile south-west, CHILMINGTON GREEN, a mile and a half south-west, and DANIEL'S WATER, 2 miles west, are hamlets of this parish.

PARISH CLERK: Henry Day.
POST & TELEGRAPH OFFICE - James Hayward, sub-postmaster.
Letters from Ashford arrive 7 a.m. & 12.5 p.m.;
dispatched at 11 a.m. & 10 p.m.; sundays, 9.50 p.m.
Postal orders are issued here, but not paid.
The nearest money order office is at Ashford, distant 2 miles.
COUNTY POLICE STATION, Henry Newham, constable
A SCHOOL BOARD of 5 members was formed here 7 August, 1891;
James Marshall Allen Poncia, 17 Bank street, Ashford, clerk to the board;
George Galloway Taylor, attendance officer
BOARD SCHOOL (mixed), built in 1845, for 150 children; average attendance, 98;
Richard William Nickalls, master; Miss Mary Bingham, mistress;
Mrs. Margaret Smith, infants' mistress
ADAMS Mrs., Grove house
ANDREWS Mrs. Walnut Tree cottage
BINGHAM Miss
BOWMAN John Davidson
BUCKLAND John C., Goldwell
BURRA William Pomfret, The Cottage
DODD G. Ashley, M.A., D.L., J.P., Godinton (postal address, Ashford)
HARRISON Rev. Alban Henry M.A., Rectory
SMITH Mrs.
TOKE Col. John Leslie J.P., V.D., Bucksford

Commercial

ADAMS John Turk, quarry owner;
...& at Bethersden
BARTON James, farmer & brick maker, Stone hill
BEANERY Henry James, "Swan" ph
BINGHAM Henry, blacksmith
BINGHAM William, beer retailer
BIRT George, farmer, Purchase
BRENCHLEY Thomas, gamekeeper
...to G. Ashley DODD esq. J.P.
BROWN Edward, grazier, Netter farm
BURTON Edward, farmer, Jones' lane
CAREY Thomas, farmer, Daniel's water
CLIFTON Alfred, farmer
DAVIS Jn., timber mer. & wheelwright
DAY Henry, parish clerk
DAY Robert, farmer, Little Singleton
DIAMOND Isaac, farmer, Bartlett farm
GILBERT Albert Fredk., shopkeeper
GODDEN Elizabeth (Mrs.), grocer & draper
GRIST Giles, grazier
HAYWARD James, sub-postmaster
HILLS Herbert, farmer & assistant overseer, Daniel's Water
HOBDEN Jesse, farmer, Lower Coldharbour
KINGSNORTH Henry, farmer, Lodge place
LONG Jas., farmer, Great Chilmington
LONG Edward Harry, farmer, Chilmington green
MARSH Robert, horse slaughterer, Bailey wood
MEALHAM William, farm bailiff
...to William Thomas BEAN esq., Moat farm
MILLEN Edward, grazier
MILLER John, boot maker
NEWHAM Henry, police constable
NICKALLS Richard William, schoolmaster
NORTON Charles, farmer
NORTON John, carpenter
PADGHAM Henry, carpenter
PALMAR William, farmer, Ninn house
PICKERING William, farmer, Chilmington green
RAINS John, farmer, Bridewell
REID Francis, quarry owner
ROBERTSON James, farmer, Court lodge
SHORTER John, farmer, New street
SKINNER John, blacksmith
STEVENS Jesse, farm bailiff
...to John MISSING esq., Wortin
STRONTS Richard, farmer, Singleton
SWAFFER Frank, farmer, Bevenden
SWAFFER James, bricklayer
TANTON Geo., farmer, Chilmington green
TAYLOR Thomas, farmer, Little Goldwell
TREADWELL Jn. Clarence, farmer, Fleeden
TUTT Thomas, grazier
WARD Arthur, gardener
...to George Ashley DODD esq. J.P., Godinton park
WICKS Thomas, miller (water)
WOOLEY John, saddler

SHADOXHURST is a village and parish, 3 miles from Ham Street station and 5 south-west from Ashford station on the South Eastern and Chatham railway and 71 from London, in the Southern division ... [as above] ... archdeaconry of Canterbury.

The church ... and affords 101 sittings. ... living is a rectory, net yearly value 118, with 41 acres ... [as above].

The charities amount to 5 15s. yearly and include 10s. derived from land left in 1590 by Robert Farley, and 5 5s. derived from land left in 1604 by Michael Poonetts; the whole is distributed to the poor in money, as well as 3 from a benefaction left by Dr. Curtis. Lieut.-Col. John Leslie Toke V.D. of Bucksfod, Great Chart, is lord of the manor and Jason Norton esq. is the principal landowner.

The soil is heavy; subsoil, clay. The chief crops are wheat, beans and hops. The area is 1,982 acres; rateable value, 1,326; the population in 1901 was 189.

PARISH CLERK: George Woodgate
POST OFFICE: William King Bradley, sub-postmaster
Letters through Ashford arrive at 7.10 a.m.;
dispatched at 5.50 p.m. & in winter at 4.55 p.m.
Postal orders are issued here, but not paid
The nearest money order & telegraph office is at Woodchurch, 4 miles distant.
WALL LETTER BOX, Bromley green, cleared at 6.25 p.m.
PAROCHIAL SCHOOL (mixed): built in 1846, for 47 children;
average attendance, 40; Miss Susanna Mary Ann Walker, mistress
 
FORBES Rev. John, Rectory
NORTON Jason, Manor house, Bromley Green

Commercial

BANKS Geo. Horace, farmer, Moat farm
BINGHAM Edwd. Thos. & Jas., farmers
BINGHAM George, wheelwright
BINGHAM James Richard, grazier
BINGHAM William Henry, blacksmith
BRADLEY William King, grocer & draper,
..Post Office
COLLINS William, farm bailiff
..to J. NORTON esq. Bromley Green
CURLING Jemima (Mrs.), "King's Head" ph
GOODWIN John, farmer, Jekey farm
GRAY George Jas., farmer, Criol farm
HART Thomas, farmer, Blindgrooms
HEAD Richard, farmer, Snailswood
HOMEWOOD Arth., farmer & hop grower
KNIGHT Albert, grazier
MILLS John, grazier, Blindgrooms
ROLFE George Sands, grazier
TANTON Frederick James, farmer
WALKER Susanna Mary Ann (Miss),
..schoolmistress
WATSON Charles, farmer
WHITEHEAD Chas., farmer & horse dealer
WOOD William Henry, farmer, New house
WOODGATE George, farmer &
..assistant overseer
* * *

OTHER TOWNS

Private Residents
BINGHAM Gen. Edward Broomwood, South park, Sevenoaks, Kent
BINGHAM Fredk., 7 Manor gro., Beckenham, Kent
BINGHAM Mrs., 10 Palace grove, Bromley, Kent
BINGHAM Mrs., 35 Star hill, Rochester, Kent
 
Commercial
BINGHAM Thomas James, pilot, 4 Victoria crescent, Dover
BINGHAM Frederick H., plumber, Old Groombridge
BINGHAM James Richd., "Victory" ph, Kingsdown (near Deal)
BINGHAM John T. & Co., coal merchants, 10 Grosvenor rd., Tunbridge Wells
BINGHAM & Co., confectioners, Dover rd., Upper Walmer

 
1913: Kelly's Directory of Kent

GREAT CHART

BINGHAM William, blacksmith

SHADOXHURST is a village and parish, 3 miles from Ham Street station ... [as above] ... and 59 from London, ... [as above].

The church ... and a mural monument to Admiral Sir Charles Molloy kt. lord of the manor of Shadoxhurst, born 1684, died 24 Aug. 1760; the monument bears a long inscription, and above is the figure of a weeping cherub, supporting a medallion portrait bust of the admiral, on either side of which are naval emblems and tropies; below is a cartouche of arms; ... living is a rectory, net yearly value 123, with 41 acres ... [as above].

The charities ...[as above]. Col. John Leslie Toke V.D. of Conewood, Camberley, Surey, is lord of the manor and the trustees of the late Jason Norton esq. are the principal landowners.

The soil ... [as above]; rateable value, 1,361; the population in 1911 was 171.

PARISH CLERK: Jesse Bingham
POST OFFICE: William Edward Pike, sub-postmaster
Letters through Ashford arrive at 7.30 a.m.;
dispatched at 6 p.m.; no delivery on sundays.
The nearest money order & telegraph office is at Woodchurch, 4 miles distant.
WALL LETTER BOX, Bromley green, cleared at 11.10 a.m. & 6.25 p.m.
PUBLIC ELEMENTARY SCHOOL (mixed) (under the control of the County Council),
built in 1846, for 47 children; average attendance, 27;
Mrs. Maud Bingham, mistress
 
FORBES Rev. John (rector), Rectory

Commercial

BANKS Geo. Horace, farm bailiff to
..Edw. MOXTON esq., Moat farm
BECK James, grazier
BINGHAM Edward Thomas &
..Richard James, farmers
BINGHAM George, carriage builder
BINGHAM William Henry, blacksmith
BROWN Burren, farmer
CURLING Ernest, grazier
CURLING Jemima (Mrs.), "King's Head" ph
ELLIS Harry, farmer, Bromley green
HART Thomas, farmer, Blindgrooms
HOMEWOOD Arthur, grazier
KNIGHT Albert, grazier
PIKE Wm. Edwd., grocer & post office
ROLFE George Sands, grazier
TANTON Frank James, farmer
TANTON George, farmer
WATSON Martha (Mrs.), farmer
WHITEHEAD Charles, grazier
WOOD William & Henry, farmers, New house
WOODGATE Mary Ann (Mrs.), farmer &
..assistant overseer
* * *

OTHER TOWNS

Farmers
BINGHAM Edward Thomas & Richard James, Shadoxhurst, Ashford
BINGHAM Charles Wesley, Poundhurst, Hollybush
..& Horton Green farms, Ruckinge, Ashford
BINGHAM Howard, Magpie hall, Kingsnorth, Ashford
BINGHAM J. East Ongley, Biddenden, Cranbrook
Graziers
BINGHAM Charles Wesley, Poundhurst, Hollybush
..& Horton Green farms, Ruckinge, Ashford
BINGHAM Jason, Goss green, Ruckinge, Ashford

 
1914: Kelly's Directory of Tunbridge Wells, Southborough & Tonbridge

BINGHAM Thomas Henry, Hilden cottage, London road, Tonbridge
BINGHAM Mrs., The Lodge, Lord's Well lane, South view, Crowborough
BINGHAM Frederick H., plumber, New Groombridge

 
1917-18: Canterbury & District Directory

Soldiers' and Sailors' Families Association (Caterbury Division)
President: the Hon. Mrs. BINGHAM; Office: 8 High street

Leave a message in the guestbook

Return to the index page